What's this all about?
7-Zip-NBinding is a .NET wrapper for 7-Zip C++ library. It allows extraction of
many archive formats using a very fast native library.
The implementation is based on 7-Zip-JBinding (generated by
- Extraction of
- It's cross-platform (using Mono on non-Microsoft operating systems).
Native binaries included for:
|› MS-Windows 32/64
||› Linux 32/64
||› Darwin Mac OS X|
- Full support for password protected and volumed archives
- Planned: Creation of 7-Zip/Zip archives
- Planned: Extraction of more archive formats: Compound, Dmg, Elf, Hfs, Macho, Mub, Pa, Split, Wim
How does it work?
The 7-Zip-NBinding consists of three parts: the .NET part, the java part and the native part.
The .NET part makes it easy to access java part. The java part introduces
a cross-platform java interface of the 7-Zip library. The native part of
7-Zip-JBinding communicates with the java part through the java jni interface and uses the corresponding native 7-Zip
interface to perform operations.
It's really simple!
Getting number of packed items in an archive:
For the sake of simplicity all error handling was skipped.
Continue with first steps for more examples and explanations.
9 December 2009: 7-Zip-NBinding Release: 4.65-1.04rc-extr-only
Release candidate, extraction only, cross-platform, based on 7zip/p7zip 4.65
- Binary version for MacOS 64 bit (java 6)
- Support for multi-platform jars. Multi-platform releases:
- AllPlatforms - all available native libraries in a single jar
- AllWindows - native libraries for Windows 32 and 64
- AllLinux - native libraries for Linux 32 and 64
- AllMac - native libraries for Mac 32 and 64
- Initialization reworked. See JavaDoc for SevenZip for more information.
- Integration test for all platforms for single and multiple platform distributions
- Improved ISevenZipInArchive.extract(): Sort indices, if not already sorted, bug fixes.
- DEB format support + tests
- RPM format support + tests
- UDF format support + tests
- New Code snippets: opening multi-part 7z and RAR archives
- Source code repository: moved from svn to git